Arcola Church Purpose and Vision Statements
Our Purpose: Make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
Our Vision: We will work to end spiritual, relational, and physical hunger.
- We will develop a path for Christian discipleship built around five essential practices of the Christian life (worship, study, serve, give and share). We will align our discipleship efforts using this model.
- We will equip and inspire every person to strengthen their relationships.
- We will connect people by striving to increase participation in small groups.
- We will focus on efforts to welcome and engage diverse people so that our congregation mirrors the community we serve and the Kingdom of God.
- We will continue to build partnerships with schools in the Arcola Community.
- We will continue to work to bring justice to all people in our community, by educating, inspiring and equipping our members to become personally involved.
- We will continue to partner with Dulles South Food Pantry to feed our neighbors.
- We will continue to work with parent liaisons in our partner schools to meet physical needs.
- We will inspire and equip every Arcola Church household to engage monthly in meeting the physical needs of our neighbors.
- We will educate and support the community regarding mental health and substance abuse.
Additional initiatives to strengthen Arcola Church
- We will connect the Outreach Center and Worship to public sewer and pay for it without incurring any additional debt.
- We will provide for the church’s future mission and ministries by increasing legacy gifts and creating an endowment fund.
- We will develop succession plans for all staff and work to raise up new leaders of all ages.