Chair of Children's Ministries Job Opening
Arcola United Methodist Church
Chair of Children’s Ministries Position Description
The purpose of Arcola Church is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. We are guided by compassion, servanthood and excellence in this work. As disciples of Jesus Christ, we seek to become more like Him every day, through these practices - Worship, Grow, Serve, Give and Share.
Position: Chair of Children’s Ministries
Hours: 20 hours per week
Supervision: Reports directly to the Director of Grow Ministries who will provide annual evaluation of performance.
- Loves children
- Ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage, and implement children’s programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to work and communicate effectively with children, adults, volunteers and staff/ministries of the church.
- Foster a welcoming, safe and diverse environment in line with the church’s mission and adhere to all requirements of the Arcola Church Child Protection Policy and Procedures.
- Be an advocate for children and educate the congregation about activities and needs; help integrate children’s ministries into the total life of the church.
- Design and implement an interactive and engaging Sunday school program for children ages Pre- K through 5 th grade. This includes curriculum selection and utilization of music and audiovisual elements, for both large group children’s worship and classroom sessions.
- Responsible for volunteer recruitment, teacher training and staffing of nursery workers and program leaders.
- Coordinate opportunities/events and communicate effectively with staff, volunteers, and parents to foster successful and growing children ministries.
- Facilitate the transition of students from children to youth ministry programs.
- Connect and communicate with the parents of children directly or through volunteers, keeping them engaged and supporting them in their parenting.
- Oversees the Vacation Bible School team.
- Monitors Sunday school supplies both in the classrooms and in the Sunday School workroom.
- Provides own administrative support.
- Attend staff meetings and other staff events.
- Be a visible and engaged presence in the AUMC community.
To apply, contact Chris Slupe with your resume.
The Arcola UMC Handbook and Church Policies sets forth the personnel policies, procedures, benefits,
rules of conduct and reporting responsibilities. All policies are incorporated herein.