adj. 1 Showing a readiness to give more than required or expected.
Our Generous Capital Campaign will continue to lead Arcola Church to engage the community locally, nationally and outside our borders. We do this, always aware of Jesus’ command, to love our neighbor wherever we find them. In this case, we will raise $75,000 to love our neighbors in the following ways:
- $5,000 will support local children and families in our community through our relationship with parent liaisons in the schools. Several years ago we drew a five mile circle around the church and claimed all the schools as places we wanted to love. We work with parent liaisons to address a range of needs for our neighbors.
- $5,000 will support our work in Sneedville, Tennessee. Our youth travel to this part of East Tennessee each summer to do home repairs and work in a nursing home, as well as engage a group of local woman through Bible studies and fellowship. This money will specifically fund our work with the women in the community and allow us to address a range of needs.
- $5,000 will support our work in Rio Bravo, Mexico where we have traveled for 15 years to build relationships, houses, schools and futures.
- $60,000 will build new space, connected to the church office, to house our counseling ministries. We currently have two counselors working with the church to bring healing to many hurting people as well as lead groups for divorce recovery and families supporting loved ones battling addiction. We will build this space with no debt and hope to have it in service by spring 2017.
What is next?
- Pray for our community and what God would do through you in this campaign.
- Plan to offer your pledge card during worship on Sunday, November 20 or complete your pledge below.
Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.II Corinthians 9:7