Connecting with God: Women's Retreat
Join us on Saturday, February 24, 2024 from 10AM - 3PM. Theme is Connecting with God, highlighting ways to connect with God; using our individual strengths, gifts and experiences to deepen and express our faith.
Please fill out the registration form below no later than February 15. If you need childcare, please indicate on the registration form and must be received by February 7. A cost of $30 will cover supplies for charcuterie workshop, lunch, yoga and painting. An additional donation is suggested for childcare the day of the retreat.
Children should bring their own lunch and a reminder that Arcola Church is a nut free church.
- 10-10:15am - Introduction and Refreshments
- 10:15 -10:45am - Connecting with God through our Relationships with Others - led by Connie Theroux
- 11:00 - 11:30am - Connecting with God through Exercise - led by Jessalyn Odegaard, brief discussion of use of physical activity to connect with God followed by gentle stretching/yoga, for all levels, bring a mat/towel and wear comfortable clothing
- 11:45 - 12:15pm - Connecting with God through Mission- Speaker: Laura Mathurin
- 12:30 - 1:30pm - Connecting with God through Food and Creativity - led by Cameron Nugent, learn to make your own charcuterie board to enjoy yourself and share with others, additional lunch items will also be provided during this time
- 1:30-2:15 - Connecting with God Through Devotions Locating Devotional resources and Developing Spiritual Discipline - led by Linda Carroll, Julia Riedel and Connie Theroux
- 2:30-3:00 - Connecting with God Through Art - Learning to Pray through Drawing ( for the non-artist), led by Julia Riedel
If you have any questions about the retreat, please email Juliar@arcolachurch.org. We look forward to being fed by connecting with God.