Distance Learning Support Group for Parents
Every Thursday, from 09/03/2020 to 10/08/2020, 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
This group is geared to supporting parents through this time of all distance learning (DL) in the school system. The group will discuss and exchange ideas on various topics in order to help the adults and children succeed with this virtual platform. Experts in the field will be available to help guide the discussion and answer questions. Amanda Baxter will be facilitating this support group. The first of 5 sessions will start on September 3rd, Thursday from 7-8pm. Registration is limited so sign up now. Each week a ZOOM link will be sent to those registered.
The sessions will focus on the following topics:
- Sept 3- school space in home (session 1-where will your student learn, getting students excited)
- Sept 17 -routines (session 2-what is working/not working, dedicated hours and offtime) skip week of school . Times: (K- 5th grade- meeting from 6:30- 7:30pm and 6th thru 12th grade will meet from 7:30pm to 8:30pm)
- Sept 24- dialogue with teachers (session 3-communication between student teacher/parent teacher, homework)
- Oct 1- connection with peers (session 4-social engagement, learning from others) Times: (K- 5th grade- meeting from 6:30- 7:30pm and 6th thru 12th grade will meet from 7:30pm to 8:30pm)
- Oct 8-well-being (session 5-student-parent relationship, followup)
At the end of the group, feedback will be requested on continuing the group and additional topics would be beneficial to discuss.
Please sign up and provide the grade level of the child or children in order to help us provide the best information for the age groups needed.
Registration for Distance Learning Sessions: