DSFP Golf Tournament
Friday, October 16, 2020, 7:30 AM - 2:30 PM
Thank you for your continued support of the Dulles South Food Pantry’s annual charity golf tournament. As we communicated earlier in the year, due to COVID-19, we moved our tournament from Spring to the Fall this year. Good news is that our Fall Tournament is still ON for Friday October 16th.
While Northern Virginia has been easing COVID-19 related restrictions, the South Riding Golf Course and our DSFP Golf Tournament Planning Committee determined that large in-person gatherings still pose a residual risk for our patrons. So, we will operate the tournament with a few safety related changes to ensure everyone has a safe tournament. Key departures from last year’s tournament are as follows:
- We will have a shotgun start for our event; however, please note that the Golf Course will still be issuing 2 golf carts per 4some, so at a minimum players will be seated next to one another on the way to their starting hole and on the way back to the clubhouse.
- Players are welcome to walk and not sit next to each other once out on the course, or if they feel comfortable they may ride together the entire round.
- The golf course DOES NOT have enough carts to accommodate single riders in a cart.
- As for food service, as long as Virginia stays in Phase Three per the Governor, we will be able to serve breakfast & lunch under the pavilion as in years past. Tables will be as spread apart as they can be, but since our event is large, not every table might be placed 6-feet apart. Please use your discretion on seating.
- Breakfast and lunch will be boxed and made available, it is up to you to use the tables/seating under the pavilion or patio, or elsewhere as you find comfortable.
- We would like to have minimal on-site registration activity. Please complete your registration on-line via our DSFP.org/golf website. We will have our swag bag table at check-in.
- We will space out the end of tournament gathering for prizes, trophies and the excellent Drone Drop event.
- If Virginia goes back to Phase Two at any point, this will certainly change – and we will keep you informed.
If you have already registered for the 2020 Tournament, thank you again for your support of the Pantry and for coming out to play!
If you don't play golf but would like to be a sponsor, a volunteer or donate to the silent auction, please contact Tom Stephens.