It has been a joyful experience to come together in worship virtually, and unite with the promises of God who reminds us to "be strong and courageous, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go!"
You're invited to worship during Holy Week, as we remember and celebrate Jesus's sacrifice and resurrection.
Palm Sunday worship will include an Upper Room drama, and for Holy Thursday, you're invited to light candles as we share in Communion and hear the Passion story.
He is risen - He is risen indeed! We joyfully celebrate our risen Savior on Easter Sunday, with praise songs and a recorded version of the Hallelujah Chorus.
We encourage you to get dressed up and take a family photo to share with the congregation! Email them to by 9:30am on Easter to be included in the Livestream.
New to Arcola? Connect with us!
Here are a few ways to fully enjoy the worship experience at home:
- Email joys and concerns to Pastor Chris at
- Celebrate Communion along with the Livestream, and experience the joy of serving Communion to your own family. Choose your own elements (examples so far have been Diet Coke, Triscuits, mini muffins, and juice boxes!), or use Pastor Chris's Communion bread recipe below:
- 3 tbs sugar; 3 tbs oil, 2 tsp salt, 1 1/3 cup water, 4 cups Bread Flour and 1 tbs yeast. (By the way, if you choose to use cinnamon buns instead of bread please save some for the Pastor!)
- Continue in worship through giving your tithes and offerings - this act reminds us that God is the One who supplies all our needs! You can visit arcolachurch.org/giving or text "Arcola", and the amount of your gift, to 73256.
- Sing and pray out loud!
- Follow along in your Bible and take notes.
- Make worship your focus of the moment, and avoid multitasking.
- Invite others to participate!
Online Resources and Activities
During this time of social distancing, we want you to be encouraged and connected. Below are resources and activities from the Arcola Church community for your use at home.
We want to pray with and for you. Contact our Prayer Team.
Caring for the Arcola Church Community
You can be a light in a time of crisis, and Arcola's Congregational Care team can help.
Feeding Our Neighbors
Giving food and monetary gifts to Dulles South Food Pantry is a tangible way to help your neighbors.
Additional Community Resources
Additional community resources surrounding food, healthcare, housing, and unemployment.
Online Bible Studies
Join an Arcola Church Bible study group, meeting online throughout the week!
The Youth Ministry is using online tools to stay connected, and encouraging youth to worship online with their families.
Bible stories, coloring sheets, and more from our Children's Ministry and Preschool.
Listen to and watch previous Arcola Church sermons.
Fiction and non-fiction favorites from Pastor Chris.
Arcola Music Channel
Watch and listen to Arcola musical performances via AV Chair Chris Durbin's YouTube.
Stress Relief Tips
Arcola Church member and yoga instructor Rachel Kearse offers tips on her blog.