We are seeking to fill the following position:
Part-Time (15 hours/week)
The Communications Director will lead in setting the direction as well as the strategic implementation of all internal and external communications to consistently articulate, enable and fulfill Arcola Church’s mission and vision. This individual will be a creative, innovative, strategic thinker and a results-driven team leader and administrator.
- Lead all efforts related to the creation and development of Arcola Church’s website
- Proactively work to make sure Arcola Church maintains an effective presence on the web including style/presence, search engines, new technology
- Coordinate webpage maintenance—ensure that new and consistent information (articles, stories, and events) are posted regularly
- Develop system to organize, prioritize and communicate promotional items related to Arcola Church
- Create communication strategies to market, inform, and promote sermon series’, events, capital campaigns and ministries.
- Oversee all written materials related to promotions
- Manage ongoing social media messaging and communication strategies, in coordination with Creative Team
- Creatively build followings on various social media outlets including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Design and Brand Management
- Lead efforts to design all art and promotional materials related to church-wide activities with a high standard of creativity, excellence and effectiveness
- Supervises Graphic Designer and volunteer artists to develop graphic designs
- Monitor the look, vibe and feel of all promotional materials representing Arcola Church
- Oversee the use of logos and images that represent Arcola Church
Worship and Creative Arts
- Work alongside the Worship and Creative Arts team to create consistency in messaging from all aspects
- Develop creative ways to communicate desired messages
- Join brainstorming and creative sessions
- Develop volunteer teams as deemed necessary to accomplish communication goals
- Enlist, equip and encourage qualified volunteers such as artists, designers, photographers and writers
- Oversees Graphic Designer, Chair of Communications and volunteer teams
- Attend and participate in staff, director and council meetings, new member dinners and other required events
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- A heart for the church, a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a passion to help others find and follow Jesus
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies
- Degree in Communications, media, marketing or related field preferred, or a minimum of 5 years experience in Communications
- Website and Social Media Management experience
- Proven ability to take projects from beginning to end
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects
- Action-oriented and displays focus, passion and initiative. Takes appropriate action when something needs to be done
- Relates well to all kinds of people, builds effective relationships, communicates effectively both inter-personally and corporately
- Organized, creative thinker and highly productive, working in a fast-paced environment
- Committed to improvement, seeks constructive criticism, understands strengths and weaknesses
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as attention to detail
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Chris Slupe.
Arcola Church is an equal employment opportunity employer.