Arcola Health Ministry Quiz
1. What are the signs of stroke? Select all that apply.
A) Uneven smile on a person’s face
B) Numbness of weakness in one arm
C) Slurred speech
D) Difficulty walking
E) Vision trouble in one or both eyes
F) Severe headache
G) Sudden confusion
2. Which of these is an optimal blood pressure? Select all that apply.
3. You wake up early one morning feeling nauseated, short of breath, and have a burning sensation in your chest. What should you do?
A) Call 911
B) Call your doctor when the office opens
C) Drive yourself to urgent care to get checked out
D) Have your spouse or friend drive you to the hospital
E) Try to go back to sleep and hope it goes away
4. What is this?
5. Which of these is NOT an appropriate treatment for a viral infection?
D) Tylenol or Motrin
6. True or False. Teenagers need more sleep than adults._______________________________
7. When we normally speak of abs, which muscle are we referring to?
A) Latissimus Dorsi
B) Pectoralis Major
C) Rectus Abdominus
8. The knee extension exercise works which muscle group primarily?A) Gluteus Maximus
D) Tibilalis Anterior
9. True or False. Recent reports project that by 2030, half of all adults (115 million adults) in the United States will be obese.____________________________
10. How long should an ideal weight training session last?
A) 30 mins max
B) 45 mins to 1 hour
C) 1.5 to 2 hours
D) Minimum of 2 hours
11. How many minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic exercise should you perform every week?
A) 90 minutes
B) 120 minutes
C) 150 minutes
D) 200 minutes
12. A woman is choking on a piece of candy but is conscious and coughing forcefully. What should you do?
A) Encourage her to continue coughing
B) Give abdominal thrusts
C) Perform a check of the back of her throat
D) Slap her on the back until she coughs up the object
13. What does R.I.C.E. stand for when treating a soft tissue injury like a sprain or strain?______________________________________________________________________
14. What is a desirable number for your good cholesterol?
A) Less than 200
B) Less than 100 for the general population or less than 70 if you have heart disease
C) Greater than 40 for men and greater than 50 for women
D) There is no such thing as good cholesterol
15. What is the number one way to prevent the spread of infections?
A) Don’t share cups and utensils
B) Get vaccinated for preventable diseases
C) Stay home when you are sick
D) Wash your hands
16. What is the number one killer of women in the United States?
A) Breast cancer
B) Heart disease
C) Ovarian and uterine cancer
17. Which of the following are symptoms of depression? Select all that apply.
A) Loss of interest or pleasure in most or all normal activities
B) Insomnia or sleeping too much
C) Feelings of sadness, hopelessness, or emptiness
D) Lack of energy so even small tasks take extra effort
E) Slow thinking, speaking, or body movements
F) Anxiety, agitation, restlessness
G) Unexplained physical problems
H) Reduced appetite and weight loss or increased cravings and weight gain
I) Feelings of worthlessness, guilt, self-blame, fixation on past failures
J) Difficulty thinking, concentrating, making decisions and remembering things
18. What are some healthy ways to cope with stress? Select all that apply.
A) Drinking alcohol
B) Eating candy
D) Ignore the stress
19. Name two risk factors for Type 2 diabetes._____________________________________________________________
20. When you donate whole blood, how many people are you potentially helping?
21. How many chromosomes do men and women have? ________
22. How many chromosomes do you give to your newborn? ________
23. Can chromosome analysis tell you about cancer risks? _________
24. Which has the least genes?
25. How many grams of fiber should you consume per day?
A) At least 20g for women and 30 for men.
B) 15 grams for everyone
C) At least 25 g for women and 38 for men.
26. Which of the following increases your resting metabolic rate allowing you to burn more calories at rest?
A) Eating under 1000 calories a day
B) Building muscle through strength training
27. Adults should consume no more than how many grams of sugar per day (including all sources of sugar - fruit, dairy, added sugar, etc.)?
A) 32 grams (equivalent to 8 teaspoons)
B) 50 grams (equivalent to 12.5 teaspoons)
C) 80 grams (equivalent to 20 teaspoons)
28. One of the best and easiest things you can do to improve your health is:
A) Follow a strictly low carb diet
B) Include vegetables at each meal or snack
C) Drink diet soda instead of regular soda
29. Which list contains healthy fats that should be consumed on a daily basis:
A) Avocado, nuts, seeds, olives
B) Canola oil, nuts, seeds
C) Avocado, margarine, soybean oil, olive oil
Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore, honor God with your bodies.
-1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (NIV)
1. All of them
2. A and B
4. Juul or electronic cigarette
13. Rest, ice, compression, elevation
17. All of them
18. C, E, F
19. Overweight/obese, sedentary, age 45 or older, race, high blood pressure, history of heart disease or stroke