Keep safe and healthy during this pandemic. Continue to do these activities to help yourself and others.
Consider the following after grocery shopping:
- Hands: Of course, wash your hands IMMEDIATELY when entering the home for 20 seconds. Include your hands and fingers, between your fingers and back of your hands and fingers.
- Cell Phone: Try not to bring it. If you must, don’t put it down, keep in pocket or purse. Don’t set it down anywhere in the store. When you return home, wipe it down with disinfecting wipes. Clean a minimum of every 7 days regardless, you would be surprised how dirty it gets!
- Wallet or Purse: Don’t put your purse down in the shopping cart! Don’t put it down on kitchen counter when you get home. Wipe according to mfg instructions.
- Reusable Grocery Bags: We have learned to recycle; but this may not be the time do that. If you do use reusables, don’t set them on countertops when you get home. Also wipe them down or wash them in machine
- Purchased Products: Set up dirty and clean area. Wipe down. Do not bring them into the house without first wiping them down.
- Car: Head back to car and retrace steps. Wipe steering wheel, car door handles, gear shift, seat etc.
- Sunglasses/Eyeglasses: Wipe clean. Virus can survive up to 75 hrs here.
- High-traffic touchpoints: On the way to the house, what did you touch? Door handle, light switch, etc. Wipe down.
- Clothes: Put clothes right into the washing machine. Don’t just let them fester in the hamper. Do not shake dirty laundry, it may disperse the virus through the air. Best to wash on warm setting.
- Shoes: Good idea to have a no-shoe zone from shoes worn outside.
- Jewelry: Rings, bracelets, etc. Germs can hide in crevices and between your skin and metal.
- Body: Consider washing body and hair after returning home running from grocery shopping.